ListenBrainz is a project by the MetaBrainz foundation which allows you to publicly store a record of all of the songs that you listen to. Using this data, we provide statistics, recommendations, and a platform for you and other developers to explore this data.
If you want to use the ListenBrainz API to read or submit data, see the API documentation. You also may want to review the JSON documentation.
If you are interested in contributing to ListenBrainz as a developer, see the Developer documentation.
We also publish some maintainer documentation, which is used by the MetaBrainz team to run the ListenBrainz site.
- ListenBrainz API
- Usage Examples
- JSON Documentation
- Client Libraries
- Last.FM Compatible API for ListenBrainz
- Data Dumps
- Server development
- Set up ListenBrainz Server development environment
- Clone listenbrainz-server
- Install docker
- Register a MusicBrainz application
- Initialize ListenBrainz containers
- Initialize ListenBrainz databases
- Run the magic script
- Listenbrainz containers
- Test your changes with unit tests
- Lint your code
- Using develop.sh
- Spark development
- Spark Architecture